Introducing Grand Classica
Starting April 13, 2018, a new ship is joining Grand Celebration, sailing from the Port of Palm Beach to Grand Bahama Island. Her name is Grand Classica and this beautiful new ship, includes dining, entertainment, bars and lounges and many more amenities to make your next cruise fun and exciting. Best of all, with two ships sailing to Grand Bahama Island, there are now daily departures to fit your schedule and make it easy and convenient to hop on an island getaway.
“Grand Classica complements Grand Celebration nicely. There are several additional public spaces – so we are excited to add some new offerings, as well as bring all the popular outlets that we have on Grand Celebration for consistency with our guests,” said Oneil Khosa, chief executive officer of Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line. “Having two ships sailing daily to Grand Bahama Island will also give our guests the flexibility and convenience to take advantage of a two-night getaway any day of the week. Our daily departures also add a number of options to our unique Cruise & Resort Stay offering, with guests able to add any number of nights at a Grand Bahama Island hotel.”
Grand Classica Details
With a total of 10 lively, passenger decks and a guest capacity of 1,680, Grand Classica features 658 staterooms and a full complement of dining, entertainment and recreational activities for all ages. When guests board the ship, they will be greeted in the Central Atrium with its large, glass sculpture and guest service and shore excursion desks. The ship’s decks have been named to reflect the vibrant islands of the Bahamas; for example, deck 5 is the Bimini deck and deck 8 is the Abacos deck. All the ship’s activities and entertainment take place on decks 8 through 14 where guests will find a wide range of dining options, as well as live entertainment, large casino, spa, pools and more.
Accommodations on Grand Classic include at a total of 658 well-appointed staterooms and suites:
- Suites – Luxury awaits at the top of the ship with 10 suites located on deck 10. All feature a balcony, queen-sized bed, bathroom with shower and large jetted tub, sitting area with pull-out sofa bed and large closet, sleeps up to four.
- Junior Suites – There are two spacious junior suites on deck 5 that feature a living room with pull-out sofa and large picture window, along with a comfortable queen-sized bed, sleeps up to four.
- Oceanview – 430 oceanview staterooms are situated on decks 4, 5, 6 and 7. Comfortable and spacious, oceanview staterooms feature cream walls and showcase a variety of upscale furniture, including a desk, table&chair, flat-screen television, large picture window (or porthole) and private bathroom with shower. Sleeps two, three or four guests.
- Inside – There are 216 inside staterooms on decks 4, 5, 6 and 7. Also roomy and comfortable, inside staterooms offer an incredible value and feature a variety of sleeping accommodations, a desk, table & chair, flat-screen television and private bathroom with shower. Sleeps two, three or four guests
There are eight dining options offering different cuisines and new concepts:
- The Yellow Elder – The main dining room, is complimentary and was named after the national flower of the Bahamas. Two seating times will be offered for guests. A portion of The Yellow Elder will also offer MyTime Dining for those who prefer flexible dining times.
- Admiral’s Steak & Seafood – As featured on Grand Celebration, the Line’s signature specialty restaurant aboard Grand Classica will offer a five-course gourmet meal where guests can choose from fresh seafood or a succulent steak with exceptional cuts like Black Angus and Certified Angus beef.
- The Rock Grill –A new interactive experience for dinner outside, located on deck 10 aft with ocean views — guests will cook meats tableside on a lava rock grill and can also order The Bull specialty burgers (a favorite concept already on Grand Celebration which combines premium meats with chef-created unique burger pairings), along with drinks and full bar service.
- A Slice Above – Mama mia! A new concept for lunch and dinner on deck 9, serving Italian fare, including flat breads, calzones and build-your-own gourmet pizzas.
- The Grand Café – Mirroring Grand Celebration’s newly introduced Grand Café, this specialty coffee and gelato bar will also offer a variety of hot or iced specialty coffees, teas and other beverages, including smoothies and freshly squeezed juices. In the morning, guests can indulge in chocolate croissants, Viennese pastries, muffins and quiche. Throughout the day, the Grand Café will offer delectable sweet treats, including delicious homemade gelato, sorbet, cakes, tarts, cupcakes and chocolate truffles.
- The Crow’s Nest Sports Bar & Grill – A new concept for both ships, this outlet sits high atop deck 14 on Grand Classica and will be the perfect place for sports viewings shown on numerous large LCD screens and will serve a selection of beer, cocktails and classic pub fare. Guests can also enjoy classic pub games such as pool, darts, skee-ball and vintage arcade games. Grand Celebration will unveil its newly developed Crow’s Nest Sports Bar & Grill in March.
- The Ocean View Buffet – A complimentary buffet located on Deck 10, serving breakfast, lunch, dinner and late-night snacks.
- Room Service – Complimentary room service will be offered; guests can also order The Bull specialty burgers from room service, a la carte.
Entertainment abounds on Grand Classica with venues around the ship featuring live music, Vegas-style shows, action-packed casino and comedy.
- The Legends Grand Theater – A two-level theater located on decks 8 and 9, where live Vegas-style shows and performances featuring the Grand Classica singers and dancers will be held, along with comedy shows. There is also a bar and lounge area outside the theater for those who want to enjoy a cocktail before or after the show.
- Par-A-Dice Casino – This large and spacious casino on deck 9 will offer a wide range of slot machines and table games for those seeking lady luck at sea. 101 of the most popular slot games, in addition to 10 table games, including Roulette, Blackjack, Craps, Three Card Poker and Ultimate Texas Hold ‘Em Poker are featured.
- Encore Lounge – Located on deck 8, the spacious Encore Lounge is a great venue onboard to have a cocktail, enjoy live music and relax between events and activities. A central stairway serves as a focal point and leads to deck 9 where dining options, including A Slice Above and The Grand Café, are located.
- Regal Room – One of the most popular venues on Grand Celebration, the Regal Room on Grand Classica, located on deck 9 aft, will feature a large bar and stage for live music and entertainment.
For catching rays of the warm Florida and Bahamas sun, Grand Classica guests have several choices.
- The Oasis – Mirroring The Oasis concept from Grand Celebration, Grand Classica’s adults-only area features the aft pool, two whirlpools and a bar on deck 11, surrounded by lounge chairs and amazing ocean views.
- Plunge Pool – The ship’s main pool features a large pool surrounded by a spacious deck and lounge chairs. The adjacent Plunge Bar serves beverages and specialty cocktails. A jogging track above the pool area gives guests the opportunity to exercise while enjoying great views.
Additional amenities on Grand Classica include:
- Conference Center – A business area on deck 8 houses a large conference center that seats 80, as well as several adjacent meeting rooms giving companies more options to hold both intimate and larger corporate events onboard.
- Indulgence Spa, Fitness Center and Salon – When it’s time to get pampered, there’s no better place to indulge than the spa and salon, offering massages, facials, skin treatments and more. The oceanview fitness center includes a wide range of equipment and free weights for those who want to stay fit at sea.
- Kruzers Kid’s Club – Trained youth counselors offer complimentary play and activities for children from ages 3 – 17.
- Lucaya Plaza – For some retail therapy, shopping aboard Grand Classica takes its name from the popular shopping district in Grand Bahama Island. Shops will offer duty-free items, as well as jewelry, watches, souvenirs, apparel and the Bahamas’ famous rum cake.
- Central Atrium – On deck 5, this central hub welcomes guests with a large reception area and guest service team members are available to assist with questions, booking shore excursions and making reservations.
- Connect Internet Lounge and Card Room – For those that want to surf the net or stay in touch with family and friends, the Connect Internet Lounge is the place; Wi-Fi is offered onboard for a daily fee.
- Memories Photo Gallery – Located on deck 9, guests can relish their photos taken onboard by the ship’s expert photographers; photo sessions are also offered for guests to make lasting memories suitable for framing.
If you are ready to book your next getaway on Grand Classica or Grand Celebration, call 800-995-3201 or visit www.bahamasparadisecruise.com.